Creating greater access to housing for people with a learning disability
Golden Lane Housing understands people with a learning disability have different wants and needs when it comes to their home.
The supported living approach adopted by GLH ensures that people can make choices about their home and personal support and take control of their lives. Our starting point is always the individual – enabling them to choose where, how and with whom they wish to live with.
Our work includes:
- providing high quality rented housing tailored to meet an individual’s specific needs across England, Wales and Northern Ireland
- helping families make long term plans through the use of legacies and family trusts
- providing specialist landlord services to tenants
- campaigning for changes to housing related issues for people with a learning disability
- overseeing the maintenance of over 940 properties – including implementing our five year renovation programme and making sure they continue to meet and exceed requirements in a tightening legislative background
- working with national and local contractors who provide our day-to-day repairs service and planned maintenance programme
- providing a 24 hour emergency and emergency repairs helpline
- giving our tenants the opportunity to have a say and get involved in the services we provide
We have a joined-up approach and build good relations with individuals, families, social services, more than 100 support providers including Mencap, local authorities, housing associations, developers, landlords and other organisations to provide housing solutions. This is maintained throughout the life of a person’s tenancy.