What we do
Golden Lane Housing understands that people with a learning disability or autistic people have different wants and needs when it comes to their home.
That’s why we start with the person – and empower them to choose where, how and with whom they live. We work in partnership with more than 150 support providers to ensure people have access to the support they need to live independently in their home and community.
Our work includes:
- providing high quality rented housing tailored to meet a person’s specific needs across England, Wales and Northern Ireland
- helping families make long-term plans through the use of legacies and family trusts
- providing specialist landlord services to tenants
- campaigning for changes to housing related issues for people with a learning disability or autistic people
- overseeing the maintenance of over 1,200 properties – including implementing our ten year renovation programme and making sure they continue to meet and exceed requirements in a tightening legislative background
- our in-house repairs team, Resolve Solutions provide a personalised service to tenants across England
- working with national and local contractors who provide our day-to-day repairs service and planned maintenance programme
- providing a 24-hour emergency and emergency repairs helpline
- giving our tenants the opportunity to have a say and get involved in the services we provide.
We have a joined-up approach and build good relations with individuals, families, social services, over 150 support providers including Mencap, local authorities, housing associations, developers, landlords and other organisations to provide housing solutions.