Here at Golden Lane Housing it’s really important to us that tenants are able to live happy, healthy and safe lives, all of which contribute towards helping tenants to achieve their future aspirations. We work closely with partner organisations to make sure that our tenants receive the right support to meet their needs. Combining the housing management services that we provide along with their support helps our tenants to maintain their tenancy.
We have skilled and experienced people who understand the needs of people with a learning disability or autistic people who deliver a range of housing management services to tenants including:
- liaison and advocacy
- assistance to keep safe and build an independent life
- an individualised approach to assisting with tenancy and housing management matters based on the needs of the tenant
- information and advice on finances and access to benefits
- ongoing housing support to maintain a successful tenancy
- 24 hour emergency helpline.
We know it’s really important for tenants to feel safe in their homes and we take our safeguarding responsibilities seriously. Our colleagues are regularly trained in recognising signs and indicators of abuse and they know what action to take if they have a concern about the safety of our tenants.
We work with a number of partners to help keep tenants safe, including people with a learning disability and their families, support providers such as Mencap and local authorities.