Golden Lane Housing’s (GLH’s) Repairs Service team is set to expand in February 2016. More tenants across the North West and North East of England will be benefitting from our general repairs service.
We are looking for five Multi Skilled Operatives to support our repairs, cyclical and planned programmes and a Team Leader to manage the Repairs Service team.
The operatives will require a range of building skills to enable us to complete various tasks such as plastering, joinery, plumbing, painting and general building duties to tenants’ homes. The successful candidates will share the same vision, values and aspiration to strive for more and ensure our first time fix approach to our customers is met.
Elaine’s new specialist swing that accommodates her wheelchair was fitted by our Repairs Service team:
Ashley Grayson, Service Manager at Royal Mencap Society explains, “We wanted Elaine to be part of it, so she was there to see Scott doing the ground work and constructing it. At one point when Scott was talking to her she took his hand, she’ll only do this if she likes a person. I’m really pleased as its promoting the opportunity to build new relationships which is a part of Mencap’s values.”
Scott Harrison from GLH’s Repairs Service team said, “It’s more than just a job, I’m making a difference to people’s lives. By getting to know the tenants, you learn what they need and how we can provide a better service for them. It’s a real pleasure to see people benefit from the work we do.”
Apply ONLINE now to springboard your career to new and exciting heights!
Come and share our vision, values and aspiration to strive for more and help us make a difference for people with a learning disability.
We have fantastic opportunities for:
– Property Officer, South East of England. Closing date 16 Nov 2015
– Multi Skilled Operative, York. Closing date is 29 Nov 2015
– Multi Skilled Operative, County Durham. Closing date is 29 Nov 2015
– Multi Skilled Operative, Merseyside. Closing date is 29 Nov 2015
– Multi Skilled Operative, North Yorkshire. Closing date is 29 Nov 2015
– Multi Skilled Operative, Tyne and Wear. Closing date is 29 Nov 2015
– Repairs Team Leader, Greater Manchester. Closing date 29 Nov 2015
– Customer Advisor (Repairs), Greater Manchester. Closing date is 6 Dec 2015
If you would like more information about any of the job roles please contact us.