By listening to our tenants and their support staff we’ve created the dedicated in-house repairs service that we have today.
Following the expansion in February, five operatives are covering the North of England providing a general repairs service to 677 tenants in 217 homes.
About the In-house Repairs team in 2015/16
– 940 repairs were carried out, 95% were completed on time
– 95% of our tenants were satisfied with the service they received
– The average length of time from reporting a repair to its completion was 8 days
– Monthly repair days were introduced. Our operatives carry out minor repairs on a pre-arranged day each month at tenants’ homes
– Working with the Planned Maintenance team the operatives redecorated some of our tenants homes and vacancies
– We hired more staff to deal with calls on the repairs helpdesk. When a caller reports a repair, an appointment is agreed and booked directly into the operative’s diary. This also includes any follow up work needed
– A tenant and support staff survey was carried out in March. We received 22 responses, 20 people gave the team and service high praise and two people told us about the changes they’d like us to make but were still happy with the overall service
Jean, Jackie and Caroline (pictured above) live in Nottingham and receive the service from the In-house team. Lesley Hedridge, scheme manager at Voyage told us:
“Scott gets on well with everyone. When he arrives, the first thing he does is say hello to the ladies and then explains what work he’s doing rather than just talking directly to the staff – this is how it should be, it’s their home. When an appointment is made we can rely on Scott keeping to the time and on the agreed date. This is really important as the work needs to be carried out before Caroline comes home otherwise it will disrupt her routine. It’s a real pleasure to work with him.”
Mark Felton, compliance and maintenance manager says:
“We launched our In-house Repairs team in April 2015, which was expanded in February this year. The team works hard to deliver a high quality repairs service that puts our tenants at the centre. We’ll continue to listen to our tenants and support staff to make improvements, and look forward to covering more areas in the future.”
Find out more
For more information about our repairs service, get in touch.