We are continuing to follow advice and guidance issued by the government about the coronavirus (COVID-19). We want to assure you that the health and safety of our tenants, customers, contractors and staff is our priority.
Our staff are taking precautions of the highest level against the risk of infection to tenants and others.
Golden Lane Housing’s executive team are meeting regularly to ensure we can respond quickly and continue to protect and maintain our services. We will keep you updated on our website so please check back here.
The latest update
Our head office in Manchester remains closed until further notice. All our office based staff have the technology to work from home and our helpdesk remains open for all enquiries.
Getting in touch
During office hours you can speak to GLH staff and our out-of-hours service is taking calls for emergencies and emergency repairs.
Email non-urgent enquiries
Housing income team – firstname.lastname@example.org
Housing team – email@example.com
Development team – firstname.lastname@example.org
Customer services team – email@example.com
For all other enquiries, call our helpdesk on 0300 003 7007.
To speak to a member of our team, call the helpdesk and use one of the following options:
1 – For the repairs team
2 – For the housing income team
3 – For the housing team
4 – For the development team
5 – For all other enquiries
Staff are working remotely, but are not undertaking any non-essential visits to tenant’s homes.
We are keeping in touch with our tenants by phone and telephone conferencing facilities such as Skype. We want ensure their continued wellbeing and deal with any queries or concerns alongside working with others to help keep them safe.
We are asking tenants to tell us if they are self-isolating or considering spending time away from their usual address, for whatever reason, so we can provide guidance and advice.
From the 5 November 2020, we are following the government’s guidance on the lockdown in England and continuing to follow the government policies in Wales and Northern Ireland.
During a lockdown, we will:
• provide a 24-hour emergency repairs service
• carry out health and safety checks in accordance with Health and Safety Executive and
• carry out inspections to your home in emergency situations
• carry out work on an empty property.
Examples of emergency repairs are:
· total loss of heating, lighting or electrical failure
· a blocked toilet if there is only 1 in a property
· a gas leak
· water leak from plumbing system that cannot be controlled
· blocked drains.
If you have any concerns or questions please call our helpdesk on 0300 003 7007 and press option 1.
Access to materials and protective equipment
Because of the continued lockdown in some areas, access to some building materials and personal protective equipment such as gloves or face masks are hard to get hold of. For us to carry out repairs we must be able to get hold of the supplies we need, if we cannot it might mean that there is a slight delay on the repairs we carry out on properties.
Keeping everyone safe
It is important that we keep our tenants, staff and everyone we work with safe.
Our helpdesk team, our in-house repairs team and contractors will be asking our tenants some questions about the health of people living in our properties and the visitors. We ask that everyone is very honest with us.
Our in-house repairs team and contractors will make sure they are keeping to cleanliness and safety guidance provided by the government.
We ask that make sure that there is a safe space to work in a tenant’s home that is 2 metres away from other people.
If our in-house team and contractors are not given this safe space at all times they will make safe the work they are doing and will leave the property until it is safe for them to go back.
You can find information about our housing services here.
Want to know more?
· Latest guidance issued by the government for supported living, read more here.
· Read our Interim compliance policy here.
· Read our about our repairs and maintenance service during coronavirus (COVID-19) here.
· We have created an easy-read poster with useful information about the coronavirus. Download How to stay safe.
· Read our coronavirus (COVID-19) Business assurance statement here.
· Follow the latest information and facts about coronavirus (COVID-19) on the government’s website.
· If you would like more information or advice and guidance about our services or how we are dealing with the coronavirus, please get in touch.
· Guidance for care staff supporting adults with a learning disability and autism. Visit the government’s website.
John Verge, chief executive at Golden Lane Housing:
“GLH is putting measures in place to ensure the health and safety of our tenants, customers, contractors and staff from the coronavirus. We know it’s a fast moving situation and it is likely to get worse before it gets better. Our executive team is monitoring it closely and will keep you posted. We would like to thank you for your support and appreciate your patience during this time.”