Learning Disability and Autism Housing Network launch Charter
October 18, 2023
The Learning Disability and Autism Housing Network is a coalition of twelve housing associations calling for action to address the barriers for new, sustainable quality housing for people with a learning disability and/or autism.
There is clear evidence that strategically planned sustainable, quality supported housing for people with a learning disability and/or autism provides long-term positive benefits for them and delivers value for money for social care and health commissioners.
Today, members are launching their Charter at the National Housing Federation’s National Housing Summit 2021 with four calls for action:
- Government to create a more comprehensive and integrated national and local planning and policy framework for supported housing for people with a learning disability and autism.
- Government to create the conditions for growth of supply by allocating a higher proportion of the new affordable homes programme to new housing for people with learning disability and autism.
- A rent standard that supports the commissioning and funding of new supported housing for people with high support needs.
- A long-term sustainable, consistent housing benefit regime for supported housing.
Support the network
- Download the Charter
- Follow the Learning Disability and Autism Housing Network on Twitter
- Visit the Learning Disability and Autism Housing Network page
- Read the blog by John Verge, chair of Learning Disability and Autism Housing Network and CEO at Golden Lane Housing ‘Why we must work together to provide quality housing and support for people with a learning disability and autism’
Ability Housing Association, Advance, Care Housing, Dimensions, Elim Housing, Fairoak Housing Association, First Choice Housing Association, Golden Lane Housing, Grand Union Housing Group, Habinteg, Home Group, Irwell Valley, Livewest, Lookahead, Magenta Living, Peabody Trust, Progress Housing Group – Reside With Progress, Places for People, The Newlon Group – Outward, Onward Homes, Orbit, Riverside , Southdown Housing Association, Sanctuary Supported Living, South Yorkshire Housing Association (SYHA).