The Customer Excellence Standard is awarded to Golden Lane Housing with areas achieving compliance plus.
The government wants services for all that are efficient, effective, excellent, equitable and empowering – with the customer at the heart of service provision.
Melissa O’Donnell, head of operations said, “I am delighted that we now have official recognition of the commitment we have as an organisation to our customers and the hard work and compassion of our staff. We are very proud to display the standard but we will not sit back and relax, we will continually strive to improve the service to our customers and importantly, with their involvement.”
Customer Service Excellence® was developed to offer a practical tool for driving customer-focused change within an organisation. It focusses in great depth areas research has indicated are a priority, delivery, timeliness, information, professionalism and staff attitude. There is also emphasis placed on developing customer insight, understanding the user’s experience and robust measurement of service satisfaction.
GLH undertook a rigorous process of assessment over a six month period and the key strengths in the final assessment included:
– genuine corporate commitment to customer service
– recruitment and training of staff to ensure that customer needs are at the core of everything we do
– engagement and consultation with our customers
– staff professionalism and attitude
– relationships with partners, contractors and stakeholders
– service accessibility – clear on customers preferences
The assessor highlighted the nature of the GLH repairs service with a higher number of repairs being treated as emergency, and the compassion of staff when dealing with repair requests.